The Cherokee County Republican Women’s organization was founded in 2013. The first official meeting was held at the Tea Leaves and Thyme on September 17, 2013. The founding Executive Board was Joan Conkey as President, Judy Griffin as Vice President, Ethel Galyon as Secretary, Pat Wallace as Treasurer, Diane Rugg as Corresponding Secretary and Charlice Byrd as Parliamentarian. To date, Cherokee County Republican Women have over 100 current members with many being associate men members.
The Cherokee County Republican Women are committed to actively supporting Republican candidates, informing our membership of the political process and the issues affecting all of us; to provide strength and unity to the party.To encourage and empower women to run for political office and to serve as party officials.
- To increase the effectiveness of members in the cause of good government through active political participation.
- To foster loyalty to the Republican Party at all levels of government and work for Republican candidates in all elections.
- To promote the principles of the Republican Party and the objectives and policies of the Republican National Committee (RNC).
- To support the objectives and policies of the RNC, NFRW and GFRW
- To promote and informed electorate through political education.
Secretary of Communications
Immediate Past President
President– Cindy Echols- firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President– Lisa-Marie Haygood- email@example.com
Secretary– Gwen Carswell- firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer– Kelly Poole- email@example.com
Secretary of Candidates & Elected Officials– OPEN- firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary of Communications– Sara Hayes- email@example.com
Immediate Past President–Patty Baker- firstname.lastname@example.org
Parliamentarian– Pat Wallace- email@example.com
Membership Committee Chair… Lisa-Marie Haygood
Fundraising Committee Chair… Pat Wallace
Bylaws Committee Chair…. Cindy Echols